26 Feb Forget About the Outcome
• Get patients to say yes to spending their money with you
• Chase more without achieving better
• Do it because you can, not because you should
• Tick box rapport building
• Not having your answers questioned
• Not what your regulator expects
Focussing on what’s in it for you will get you so far. Eventually though, “the baboon climbs so high that he shows his arse.”
We all know that a few quick wins are easy to make because a few people won’t question why you are climbing the tree and that your interests are mostly self-serving.
To stay consistently successful though, even when consumers are spending less, requires something else because it requires you to ask how you can serve others, not how you can serve yourself. Remember that this is healthcare, not health sell.
Detach from the outcome.